The pursuit of the perfect fascinator can be an exciting but daunting experience. When you finally find ‘the one’ you must style your hair in a way that will complement your statement piece. We’ve put together a simple guide on how to style your hair when wearing a fascinator, that will be sure to turn heads on the field.
5 FASCINATOR FRIENDLY HAIRSTYLES FOR THE RACES
Image source: Frontlinef.com
When it comes to dressing, the annual Spring Racing Carnival commands a clearly defined set of rules, enforcing a simple, classic and ladylike approach. Whilst your dress must be conventional in style, your fascinator and hairstyle can be anything but that!
With hair accessories taking center stage on the runway this season, fascinators have become more relevant than ever before. Focusing on 5 key fascinator trends this season, we’ll show you how to perfect your race day look with 5 fascinator friendly hairstyles! After all, your fascinator is not just the finishing touch, it’s the basis of your whole look!
- The Floral Crown & Long Loose Waves
- From the Red Carpet to Coachella and bridesmaids the world over, the Floral Crown has become a staple accessory for almost every occasion. These fun and feminine fascinators are the perfect soft-power accessory for first-time attendees who might not be used to wearing a headpiece or couture millinery. Remember, it can be a long day, so comfort is key!
- Image source: L-R Pinterest; Luxxu.net
- If you have long, luscious locks and are more comfortable with wearing your hair down, this is the perfect headpiece for you. These delicate floral headbands are best styled with contrasting, rough ‘undone’ hairstyles. For a subtle, yet effective look, part your hair in the middle and let the shorter layers of your hair, frame your face. Think easy to manage, loose waves, simplicity is key, all you need is some texturising hair spray, a quick blow dry and you’re ready to go!
- The romance of Spring florals is everywhere this season. Browse our range of floral fascinators by Morgan and Taylor to create your effortlessly romantic, race day look.
- The Jewelled Crown & The Modern Updo
- We’ve seen them on the runway and now you can emulate the fashion elite, with a ready-to-wear masterpiece! There is no such thing as an understated crown, so if you’re looking for sparkle, look no further! With shimmering metallics and decadent jewels, these beautifully intricate and ornate headpieces are the epitome of elegance and grace, the perfect accessory to show off your beautifully modern updo!
- Image source: L-R Pinterest; Pinterest
- To create this bold and dramatic look, you’ll need to blow dry your hair using a styling cream and tease the hair section by section using a strong hold hairspray. It’s all about texture and volume but keep your hair soft and natural at the front so your headpiece can really stand out. Don’t be afraid of height with this look, the sky’s the limit!
- Like something from a fairytale, you’ll feel like a princess when you hire one of our hand crafted headpieces created by Studio Aniss, exclusively for GlamCorner.
- The Structured Hat & The Side Bun
- This look is for the fashion girl who does not shy away from the racecourse, attending every event in the social calendar! Whether it’s a contemporary take on the pillbox hat or an abstract work of art, the structured hat is arguably the boldest of headpieces. A favourite for Derby Day, this style maintains the perfect balance of strength and femininity. Now is your opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and play with colour and texture, the bigger the better! No matter the shape, size or structure, this headpiece calls for a slicked back, low side bun.
- Image source: L-R Pinterest; Pinterest
- This beautiful side swept hairstyle is feminine and classic and you can do it at home yourself. Pop your fascinator on first to determine at what angle your bun will sit, then backcomb your hair to create some volume. Split your hair into two sections, twist into a ponytail and wrap it into a bun! Mounted firmly on a headband, this fascinator is easier and more comfortable to wear than it first appears! Wear this unique headpiece with confidence and make this race day, one to remember forever!
- Max Alexander creates bespoke millinery which is both contemporary and timeless. Browse our collection of fascinators for a sophisticated and demure race day look.
- The Mesh Veil Overlay & The Low Ponytail
- The simple elegance of a mesh veil is not to be dismissed on Race Day! With pearl embellishments or chic, sheer detail, this fascinator is the perfect if you want to add some drama to your race day look. Don’t shy away from extravagant details, add some old school glamour to this fascinator, a pair of crystal earrings and a dramatic red lipstick. The perfect accompaniment to your race day dress.
- Image source: L-R Elle UK; Huffingtonpost.com
- Create a head-turning Race Day look with a veil fascinator and style it with a sleek low ponytail.
- Pull your hair towards the nape of your neck and draw into a loose ponytail, adding some volumizing spray to give your ponytail that extra bit of bounce! This style is also perfect for sleek, short hair, as the fascinator clips beautifully to the side of the head, minimal styling is required!
- Draping beautifully over the face, the veil fascinator creates a look full of mystery and glamour. Style this headpiece with a contrasting, feminine, floral dress, for the perfect finishing touch to your race day look.
- The Big Bold Bow & The Half Updo
- One of the most striking and feminine looks we’ve seen on the runway this season, is the oversized bow. From the red carpet to the runway, celebrities and stylists alike are completing their blowouts with a big, bold bow. Worn high and on top of the head, this elaborate trend is both girly and dramatic, adding an unexpected super chic finish to your look.
- Image source: L-R Independent.co.uk; Harpers Bazaar
- Try an elegant half updo with this fresh and fabulous headpiece for some feminine chic. This style works best when your hair is not freshly washed. Curl your hair in sections using lots of hairspray and backcomb the top section, paying attention to the back. Pin your hair back from either side of your face to complete this signature feminine style.
- Ditch your serious side with our collection of stylish, lace bows by Olga Berg, guaranteeing a sweet yet luxurious approach to styling your ladylike dress this season.
- Fashion at the races has become an institution in itself and fascinators are a time honoured tradition, so remember, no race day look is complete without one. When it comes to fashion on the field, we’ve seen it all, so take our advice, it’s all about confidence dressing. Browse our stunning collection of fascinators and find ‘the one’ that is perfect for you! Yes, your dress will be beautiful but your fascinator should be even better!
- SHOP OUR FASCINATOR COLLECTION