When it comes to selecting a gown colour for an upcoming event the vibrant green hue is the perfect option. Besides the fact that it offers you endless options and a variety of shades to choose from, it’s also super complementary for most skin tones. However, the trickiest part is picking what makeup ideas to try with a green dress and what shade of green best suits your skin tone. In this post, we'll show you 7 makeup ideas for a green dress.
7 MAKEUP IDEAS TO TRY WITH A GREEN DRESS
TOP GREEN COLOUR SHADES
Image source: pinterest.com
As a general rule of thumb, the richer dark toned greens work better with fair skin types, whilst the lighter and much brighter tones usually are more suited for the medium to dark skin types. In saying that, it’s best to always try on your garment before making the stereotypical judgment call between one of the two groups as listed above. Think back to art class, it’s all about light and shade in the colour you’re selecting. Be aware that if a colour has more white or black added to it, then the nature of the tone can be changed. This means some darker toned colours can have a more muted tone if there is more white in them which works well with medium to dark skin tones. On the other hand, light or bright tones can have more black in them which makes them more suitable for fair skin types.
Gray scale grid representing range of grays from white to black that can be added to a colour creating a balance of light and shade within the hue.
Image source: slideshare.com
Once you have picked which colour that best suits you it’s time to move onto the next important detail, how to style your makeup when wearing a green dress. Whether it’s a marvelous mint number or elegant emerald gown you’re wearing to that special upcoming function, you’ll no doubt look and feel super glamorous with our top 7 makeup style tips to match with your gorgeous green gown.
- The Mint Green Dress
- Image source L-R: hollywoodreporter.com; harpersbazaar.comFeel freshly ethereal in a mint green dress this formal season, a great shade when you’re looking for that soft girly finish. Take the pastel trend to the next level with a muted green gown. Embellishments such as lace or embroidery offer your outfit an element of dynamic edge, perfect for setting you apart from the crowd at your next event. To style yourself pretty, opt for soft pink tones such as peach or rose, lightly highlight your cheeks and gloss your lips for the ultimate naturally coloured look.
- The Lime Green Dress
- Image source L-R: pinterest.com; pinterest.comNot a look for the faint hearted, a lime coloured dress will offer your stylishly lavish look an exhilarating burst of harmonic energy. Give off super fresh vibes at your next evening cocktail event or girls’ night out with this dramatically playful style. Perfect for spring, a lime coloured outfit is guaranteed to make an impactful statement.Complement your zestful look with bold voluminous lashes and a metallic purple lined lower eye for a modern contrast. For the perfect finish add a matte nude coloured lip.
- The Jade Green Dress
- Image source L-R: celebmafia.com; gotceleb.comElectrify the crowd in a jaw dropping jade coloured dress, perfect for making the ultimate party statement. This gorgeous brightly coloured gown is a great option for your upcoming school formal or wedding day event. Experiment with bold cutout patterns or high neck collars for an extra element of drama. To complete your fabulously edgy style add a dramatic dark smokey eye and a simple nude coloured glossed lip.
- The Emerald Green Dress
- Image source L-R: perezhilton.com; elle.frEmerald green is such a classic pick when it comes to selecting a green gown for a special function and like it’s neighbouring tone teal suits almost all skin tones, making it a super popular pick amongst fashionistas. This rich hue offers you an opulent and indulgent edge that is perfect for an evening gala ball or red carpet event. Complete your look with a rich dark burgundy lip shade and shimmering gold eyes. This look will have you feeling award worthy in no time.
- The Teal Green Dress
- Image source L-R: scoopnest.com; popsugar.comTeal or Aqua as known to some, is a gorgeous blue toned green that suits almost all skin types. Whether you are fair, medium or dark skin toned, wearing this colour is bound to create a few shockwaves at your next function. To style this super-hot colour trend of the moment, opt for a bold coral coloured lip which will offer you a gorgeous contrast against the luxe toned dress.
- The Forest Green Dress
- Image source L-R: hellogiggles.com; stylebistro.comElegantly timeless, the forest green gown will have you channeling picturesquely glamour vibes at your next gala ball event or formal engagement dinner. This vastly rich hue is absolutely alluring and offers you the essence of regal beauty. Whether you’re after a show stopping gown or form fitted midi, this shade will undoubtedly turn you into the queen you know you are. Complete your royal look with subtle smokey metallic eyes and soft shiraz coloured lip.
- The Olive Green Dress
- Image source L-R: harpersbazaar.com; vogue.auOlive green is a colour that most of us seem to shy away from as the colour is almost always associated with all things drab and dull, it reminds us more of combat wars rather than glamour balls. The key to making this look feel and emulate glam chic is all in the hair colour. If you’re a red or orange haired beauty this look works especially well for you due to the amazing colour contrasting values it gives off. Complement this underrated look with a soft illuminated bronze complexion, bold winged eyeliner and a matte cherry nude lip.
OVERALL TOP MAKEUP IDEA TIPS WHEN WEARING GREEN
- If using a green eyeshadow make sure you match the colour to your dress shade.
- To intensify the colour of your eyeshadow mix in a little black.
- Avoid too much green makeup such as green eye liner with green eyeshadow.
- When selecting accompanying makeup colours, opt for light gray or beige hues.
- Unless you want to look like a Christmas elf, avoid bright shades of red and opt for softer coral or deeper reds lip shades.
- For a natural earthy makeup look, create a subtle smokey eye using olive green toned eyeshadow.
- For an effortlessly natural look choose a bronze eye and peach coloured lip.
- A neutral lip colour will give you a beautifully understated look and work well with a bold eye.
- Pearl coloured highlighters are great for contrasting and illuminating your features, especially with an emerald coloured dress.
- When applying eyeliner, make the line slightly thicker along the outer edge of your eyes to create a boldly contrasting look, perfect with a jade coloured gown.